Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Monday, January 25, 2016 -- Month #11 - Week #49 - Day #343 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Last week of January! That is really weird to say in English, I'm used to saying "enero" all the time. But, we are finishing up another month.

Good Pday, hung out at the house and Hna Cruz washed a LOT of clothes, I cleaned around the house and got some stuff written out and everything. We went and got baleadas with the elderes for lunch and went looking around for some clothes and some poster paper that we'll use for the baptisms on Saturday. Then we headed over to write our families and friends and everybody (hi there!) and bought some more food, and went out and found a less-active member that has been hiding from us for the past while. To be honest, I almost lost my patience with them, but I followed Hna Cruz's example of saying nice things, and I felt the Spirit better and calmed myself down and the visit ended well. I hate to admit it, but I still can lose my temper as a missionary. I try really, really, really hard not to, and I'm almost always successful, but I find it most hard when people lie, aren't fair, and have disrespectful/ignorant attitudes. And add in all the ridiculous things we hear all day long and just being physically tired; it's sometimes a little trying for me. But I really do keep my lid on tight and I can feel good in almost all our visits. Just a few that I struggle with. Gotta keep myself human!

Speaking of human, it's time to have to start getting college housing and thinking about classes! Makes the time seem a little shorter when I think about how in 7 months I'll be heading back to Utah to be a responsible adult and study important things at school and take exams and stuff. Yup. Life just keeps on moving forward.

But good news of the day, I bought ourselves a spatula! I know that's really exciting, but we didn't have a spatula in our house until now, so I've been flipping things with the big, useless knife that isn't sharp or with 2 spoons. So I'm pretty thrilled to have a spatula now! It's honestly the little things in life. And especially in Honduras, I suppose, but we're all good, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment