Monday, December 28, 2015

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 -- Month #10 - Week #45 - Day #310 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Had like 4 odd dreams last night. And Hna Mora said I talked in Spanish in my sleep. Don't think I slept very well, as I am super tired and my neck hurts.

This morning we went out to find skyping options (I think we found one! Keeping fingers crossed!) and buy stuff for the cookies we're gonna make tomorrow as a district to then go caroling and give them to some of the members. So we got to wait for about half an hour in line at the store...forgot that things get a little crazy around holidays, ooops. But we finally got through that whole fun mess, went to another store to pick up some other little things we needed, and got back home for lunch. I had finally bought myself a water bottle that held a liter (it actually says 1000 ml, which is 1 liter. I don't know why they didn't just put 1 liter on there, saves space!) so I can keep better track of how much water I'm drinking in a day. I've been thinking I need to increase it to help my body adjust faster to all the hills, as I'm still getting really tired. So that was kinda exciting.
And my 1 liter water bottle. I love it!
After that we went over and helped Gloria make tortillas for baleadas for la noche de hermanamiento we'll have later tonight, so I learned how to make them "en un nylon", or on a circle of plastic, so that was pretty neat. I know how to make them slapping them between your hands, but I think mine turn out better on the plastic. So I really enjoyed that. And she used a spoon to lift the edge and flip them! I knew that that had to be a possibility. Results in less-burned fingers. I really like Gloria.

So we finished up the tortillas, and then headed over to the church for the activity. We started kinda late because of a mix up of who had the building keys, so we waited for awhile, but we finally got in and got everything done, and ate our baleadas. So it turned out being a good night.
And a view from our mountains... we seriously are hiking up legit
mountains in our area. So I'm always really tired from that!

No comments:

Post a Comment