Sunday, December 20, 2015

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 -- Month #9 - Week #44 - Day #302 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

15-12-15
Halfway through December and we have another palindrome date!

Today was good, left to go work! Finally! Well, actually after the Reunion de Zona and lunch. But we got to know a few more people and ward members, and then went and helped the Relief Society come up with some ideas for activities they can do on Saturday for the Branch Christmas Activity. They kind of need a lot of help here.

And, it gets dark here at 5:30 pm. Really early, actually. I feel like I'm in Utah in the fall again with it getting dark so fast. But we have our flashlights, so we're alright. Just makes you feel like it's way later with it being all dark.

This morning I made pancakes (with cinnamon and cocoa powder in the batter, really good!) and we don't have a spatula, so I discovered that you can, in fact, use a spoon to flip pancakes. Just thought I'd share that discovery with ya'll. 

El Dorado is SUPER hilly, like even more than Santa Cruz. But everything is paved with concrete, not asphalt, and there's only a few parts of the area that are rocky like Santa Cruz. So I'm really feeling it in my legs. Still wearing my fantastic sandals because I feel there's better support for my feet, and it just feels weird wearing flats after using sandals for so long. But that kinda tires you out with all las subidas y bajadas.

And we are in some really hot days, actually. I almost felt like I was back in SPS from the heat and being covered in sweat again. Which is all quite strange, because it's supposed to be cool and rainy right now, not hot. So that's probably making me a little more tired as well. Sometimes I feel like after being at the pool all afternoon, if that makes sense. Kinda a weird feeling. Especially with it being December. Makes it not feel very Christmasy. But we're still looking forward to Christmas! Hna Mora will have 2 Christmases in the mission, as she just started in October.
And this is from Hna Benitez, she makes this crazy huge
complicated Christmas display with lights and music and little figures
and plastic dinosaurs and everything...it's kinda crazy. Neat, but crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment