Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sunday, December 20, 2015 -- Month #10 - Week #44 - Day #307 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Sunday! And guess who got asked to play piano? Me! That always seems to happen. I really wished I had actually learned all the hymns before I came on the mission. That's an important skill. Especially if you're going somewhere that's a 3rd world country. Anyways. My piano was a really dusty little keyboard (not a digital piano, it's a little Yamaha keyboard) on top of a little wobbly table, and I had to stack 2 chairs so I could sit and play comfortably. And there wasn't a sustain pedal. So that felt really weird to play without that, I like my pedal! But it all worked out pretty well, apparently that was the 1st time someone had played in church within the remembrance of the youth, so that was a special occasion. And everything was Christmas hymns, except the closing hymn, which was "We are Sowing" in English, and I do not like singing or playing that one. But they love that one here. So other than that it was all fine.

And then we had our Gospel Doctrine class about the book of Revelation in the Bible, which was interesting, and even more so because it was in Spanish...I had a little bit of a hard time trying to understand what was being discussed. And then Relief Society was good, though we had to go out and find a marker for the white board. I think I'll actually buy one tomorrow and just keep it with me, as we're always needing markers for the white board.

And we went back to the house for lunch, and then came back to the church for Consejo de Rama, and then went and found Pres Orellano to deliver some stuff from Pres Dester, and then came back to the church for a song practice with the Relief Society for next Sunday, and then went and explored some more of our area. And we came back home exhausted, so I made some strawberry cake in our mugs, and we ate that and sat down for a little bit and talked. So yeah, good, busy, tiring day. But tomorrow's Pday! Whoohoo! I like Pday.
Cake time!
You just put some of the cake mix powder in a bowl,
add an egg and a little bit of water, and stir it up.
Pour some into mugs, and microwave for 3-4 minutes.
That's cuz no one has an oven. I miss baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment