Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Friday, December 25, 2015 -- Month #10 - Week #45 - Day #312 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Merry Christmas! It's a happy day!
This morning we went and had more tamales for lunch, then came back and I opened my Christmas box from my family.
Christmas box!!  Christmas presents from home! I loved all my special gifts!

Some little elfkins...hard at work!

Making a list...and checking it twice!





Crazy Christmas Socks!
I made Hna Mora a little gift so she could open something as well since she didn't receive a box specifically for Christmas. So that was awesome! I got some really cool CDs and socks and jam and chocolate and books and a pedometer! Now I will finally know how much I'm walking a day. So I really enjoyed that. Thanks family!
Hna Mora
Gift of jam
Then we got ourselves ready to Skype, and we were so excited! Problem was, we went by the internet place we had arranged to go to, and it was closed. So we waited about half an hour, and then called some leaders in our branch to find out where the keys were and if they could open the church building so we could Skype there. So then we had to wait another half hour for that to work out. Once we finally got in, we figured out the internet wasn't working, so we fought with that another half hour, and I finally decided to unplug and re-plug the Ethernet cable from the computer housing, and that did the trick. So we were very happy about that! So we finally were able to call out families! Whoo!
Hey wonderful family!!
Then we headed for home and planned for the next day and spent some time watching the Bible Videos DVD I got in my box, and we were looking up some of the references from them as well. I like being able to see sort of what things were like and the context-expressions used with the text of the Bible, so it helped it make more sense.

And we got ourselves ready for bed and went to sleep! That was a stressful and awesome and tiring day!
And some grapes from Peru that cost me 160 lemps. Pricey grapes!

No comments:

Post a Comment