Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 -- Month #9 - Week #43 - Day #296 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Today was good, we went up and did a visit this morning to a member that was having some trouble writing a talk for Sunday about how we can help reactivate less-active members, so we helped her walk through the prompt questions and help her find some scriptures and things to talk about. So that was kind of fun.

Then we went to our lunch appointment and ate rice, beans, fried pork, some cream stuff, and a tortilla. The tortillas here are a little different, they're usually corn and not flour and have about a 4 inch diameter and are about 1/3 inch thick...they remind me of silver dollar pancakes as they're just these fat little baby tortillas. But I guess they count as 2 normal tortillas. So that's your tortilla news update of the day!
This is our lunch from Hna Olympia, she gives us lunch
on Wednesdays, super sweet old lady.
We then came back to the house for language study time and started talking, getting to know each other better, answering some questions that Hna Mora had, and talking about my last areas and companions, how the mission is going, and a whole lot of topics, actually.

Then we're having the giant conference thing tomorrow, so we gotta get on the bus at 6:00 am to get over to SPS in time, so the hnas from Copan Ruinas came over to stay the night, and we went out to dinner because Hna Farao wanted pollo con tajadas. So I got myself a plate with a grilled chicken breast, I think, some encurtido, repollo, and some beans, and asked for no tajadas. And drank a bag of water. So that came out to be only 40 lemps! Considering they would normally charge like 65 lemps, I think I will always ask for no tajadas. Whoohoo! They're ok, but I don't like how much they always give you, and I never finish all of them. Saving money, and my tummy's happier!

And our house seems to always has water, which is a serious upgrade from the situation in Santa Cruz, but the light seems to go out more often and for longer periods of time. We woke up this morning to no light, and didn't come back until we came back from lunch. The second time this week in as many days that we didn't have power in the morning. I've been eating a lot of cereal!

But yeah, fairly relaxed day. just taking it slow and comfortably, and Hna Mora is happy. She is such a little sweetheart, I honestly just love her. She's my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment