Sunday, December 20, 2015

Monday, December 14, 2015 -- Month #9 - Week #43 - Day #301 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Alright, almost on track! Today was quiet, just slept in, went around the house, washed clothes, wrote families, bought some food, and rested some more. Tomorrow we'll start the week for realsies. Fragile little bodies. It's gonna be nice when we're resurrected and we don't have to worry about getting sick.

But, good news, I fixed the shower head! I figured out how to unscrew it and stuck it in a little bowl of vinegar for a little bit, swishing it around every once in a while. And lo and behold, the mineral deposits dissolved, and we now have running water in the shower head. Hna Mora was very impressed and had no idea you could do that. Go college chemistry classes!

And I discovered that I weigh exactly 55 kilograms, or about 121 lbs. There's a scale in this house, so I thought I'd take advantage of it and see what I weigh, as it's been a good while since I last weighed myself. Everyone says I should be proud of myself for maintaining my weight so well. I think most of the elderes tend to lose weight (muscle mass), and most of the hnas gain weight (fat). But that's me, just going around defying social norms.

News from Honduras: I think this country is pretty high on the charts for firework consumption. Every 5 seconds you hear kids blowing stuff up in the street, firecrackers going off, all the fun stuff. For no reason or holiday. There's just always firecrackers going off. Sometimes makes it a little hard to sleep. But at least in El Dorado there's not 8,637 roosters crowing at all hours of the day and night. And there seems to be a few less dogs, too. So that's nice. It was getting to be a little annoying, to be honest, back in Santa Cruz with the amount of ambient animal noise. I think we hear more cars/mototaxies in our house here.

And our pila is all smooth and doesn't have a lip on the edge, so all the water just kinda splashes onto you when you're washing clothes. So I pinned a plastic bag to my front as a sort of apron to help block some of the water and so I don't get entirely sopping wet on washing days. Necessity is the mother of invention, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment