Monday, July 27, 2015

Thursday, July 23, 2015 -- Week #23 - Day #157 - San Pedro Sula

Today...we were hospitaling from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, then went officing, and taught 1 lesson! Whoo! Had problems with rides coming on time, the X-ray machines not working, secretaries that forgot to note the appointments we made, doctors that take forever with the patients, today was a day of a lot of waiting, I think. But we eventually got everything done and found Pres in the office and said hi, and Pres Kline (of the East Mission), dropped by and gave us cookies (we got pretzels last week) and said hi as well, so that made the day pretty alright. 

Discovered today that there's a thing called Snapping Hip Syndrome, or Dancer's Hip, and there's three classes of it. The elder we brought in today has the external variety, where the tendon of one of the muscles on the outside of the hip slips back and forth across the greater trochanter of the femur, which makes a popping sound and sensation and causes inflammation. It can get worse, but you can help it get better by not using your legs or walking a lot, which is kinda impossible in the mission. But he has some medication that will help with the pain and reducing inflammation, so that's good. I was curious about that because sometimes I feel something like that in my hips, but it's more in front and deeper in my leg, so it's probably of the internal type. But it's nothing super serious, and it doesn't hurt. Just thought that was kinda neat to learn about.

Also, the water went out today, but it came back in time for my nightly shower, so that was very nice. It's hard to sleep without being mostly clean and sweat-free. Actually, it's pretty much easy to sleep when/wherever, but mentally I'm more at rest if I'm not covered in the day.
It's OK to hope / wish / dream... right??!

Yeah, yeah, yeah... my ACTUAL bathroom...
I don't think I dream as much as I used to, and when I do, they're just kinda a smattering of scenes, without a clear objective or plot. There's a lot of sounds or music, but not a lot of words spoken/thought/dreamed in either English or Spanish, but I have woken up to my speaking Spanish out loud.  Poor little brain. Hna Robles and I are both really tired. We've determined that some Pday we're just gonna stay home and sleep (write families and do laundry, of course, but a nap would be very nice).

In other news from Honduras, a fly flew into one of our fans this morning and died. We were studying and I heard a little "zxllerykoop" as the fan blades smacked something tiny, and Hna Robles asked what it was, and I looked down on the floor and there was a dead fly. So that was the exciting event of this morning.

Also, Hna Robles likes the English word "potatoes," but has trouble saying "girl."  I actually forgot how to spell that properly, so we had to look it up in my dictionary. English is weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment