Monday, February 23, 2015

Wednesday, February 18, 2015 -- Day #2 Guatemala MTC

10:18 pm
So that was an incredibly crazy day! We didn't have anything with us that we needed, and we had no idea where we were going or doing. But hopefully tomorrow goes smoother.  Hermana Brady is going to my same mission, so we're hanging pretty tight, and we make a trio with Hermana Kleinman, who's going to the Comayaguela mission. They are seriously like the most awesomest girls ever. We are rooming next to a group of Latinas next door, so I'm sure we will need to get to know each other fairly soon, as we are seriously jumping in to the Spanish language.

We had interviews with the CCM Presidencia today, and Presidente Alvarado asked me to speak to him in Spanish...I think I did fine. Presidente Cox is the CCM president, he is great and speaks Spanish very well, Hermana Cox's accent leaves something to be desired, but I can understand everything she says. They're nut farmers from California, good people.


The Spanish is starting to come back as we've heard it all day long, hopefully I'll pick it up again quickly, I hate being unable to communicate. So we hit the ground running tomorrow and pray that we can stay awake and have our understandings open to the things we need to learn so that we may go forth and teach the children of God.


I thought I might quickly bear my testimony in the limited Spanish that I remember at this time:


Yo creo que Jesucristo es my Salvador y Redentor. El Libro de Mormon es verdadero, y la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimo Dias es la unica iglesia que es verdadera en la tierra en este dia. Yo creo que mi familia puede ser para todo el tiempo, y yo quiero esta cosa con todo my corazon. Me encanto mi experiencia misional, y yo tengo amor por mi Padre en el cielo. En el nombre de Jesucristo, amen.


English translation:

I believe that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. The Book of Mormon is true, and the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints is the only true church on the earth this day.  I know that my family can be together for ever, and I wish this with all my heart.  I love my missionary experience, and I love my Heavenly Father. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment