Saturday, February 28, 2015

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 -- Week #2, Day #9 Guatemala MTC

9:54 pm
Today was a little crazy, teaching lessons in Spanish is hard! But things are going well and I'm still learning. Reading the Book of Mormon and el Libro de Mormon side by side is helping a lot, I learned 14 new words just from doing that so far. Also, Alma has some awesome counsel on missionary work, you should check it out!

The CCM is very small compared to the Provo and Mexico City MTCs, we only have about 90 or so missionaries here. But I love it and wouldn't want it any other way. We get to know and recognize each other much better, and it's a more personal, friendly atmosphere. We also don't have the little dots on our name tags to identify the newbies, since we all know who's who, Hna Kleinman really wanted her dot! :P 

My male teacher, Hermano Garcia, is amazing. He always bears his testimony during class, and it is still so powerful every time. He is kind and patient, but still has high standards for us because he wants us to be the best we can. They are also having the teachers here learn another language as we learn Spanish, so he's learning Portuguese now. He and some other teacher are also learning Q'eqchi' from a sister teacher here so they can teach missionaries that go to Coban, so in a while he will know Spanish, English, Portuguese, and Q'eqchi'. He's a very good example to follow.

I've enjoyed seeing how the names of the books in the scriptures change a little into Spanish, my favorite is that James is Santiago, and Job is said "H-oh-b." It's a fun transition to say all the names in Spanish, they sound nicer.

I cold all the time here because the A/C is always on, so the hairs on my arms were standing up all day, and at cena (dinner) I exclaimed to Hna Brady, "Look! My arm is like a tree-field!" instead of using the word "forest"...I'm losing some of my English!

No comments:

Post a Comment