Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Thursday, June 23, 2016 -- Month #16 - Week #71 - Day #493 - Las Flores, Villanueva, Cortes

Today was good, the maintenance people of the mission installed our smoke detector, so that was a good thing. And we're still eating a lot of mango, just to let you know. Up until the time I go is mango season.

We did some visits and went looking for some more people that didn't want to talk to us. We actually called this one guy while standing outside his house after yelling buenas and the lady that lived there as well said he wasn't home. Well, we called him, and as I talked to him on the phone Hna Artica could hear his voice from the house. And he said he wasn't home, either. I love playing games with people.

But today was still a good day, we had red beans with mantequilla (basically a form of sour cream), half a tiny avocado, 2 little sausages and 3 tortillas for dinner. Good stuff!

And in my personal study I found this awesome quote from President Marion G. Romney about service that made me think about service differently. And my missionary service as well:

"Service is not something we endure on this earth so we can earn the right to live in the celestial kingdom. Service is the very fiber of which an exalted life in the celestial kingdom is made."

No comments:

Post a Comment