Monday, June 20, 2016

Friday, June 17, 2016 -- Month #15 - Week #70 - Day #487 - Las Flores, Villanueva, Cortes

Friday! Today we had a lot of citas, so that was good. And we still managed to walk more today than we did yesterday contacting the world. I'm not quite sure how we did that.

But we have a cita where our new mission leader was present and contributed, so that was awesome. The first time in all my mission that the ward mission leader worked with us like that. I'm very impressed.

And we visited a few more members and had some nice discussions on the topics of prayer and studying the scriptures. At the beginning of a cita we always ask the investigators or members if they've been praying and reading, and then we can base our teaching off of their answers. It was kinda funny because with the members that were struggling to read their scriptures Hna Artica was about to give them a serious machete with a verse in 1 Nephi 19, but I glanced at the page and thought that would be a bit strong in the situation we were in with them, so I whispered some counsel to her as everyone was taking out their scriptures to read and she switched over to a different verse in the same chapter that had a better message for them. Sometimes you can be a destroying angel, calling to repentance, but sometimes you need to be a bit more loving and gentle. It just kinda made me laugh a bit. But I was also glad that she didn't get offended and she listened to me. She really does have a good heart and wants to do what is right. But she is a cutie, pulling out all sorts of scriptures all over the place.

And we had dinner with Hna Inesita and her daughters, and it was her birthday! We had our tortillas with quesillo and chimol (that I love!) and some birthday cake. Really sweet ladies, and I actually knew one of her daughters that's from la Victoria Villanueva from doing divisions there. So that was awesome and weird! I also had recognized the bishop's wife from when she gave a talk in Stake Conference way back when I was in Santa Cruz. The world gets small when you come back close to an area you've been in! But she's an amazing lady so I'm happy to get to know her twice.
And we found another church:
- Jesucristo es el Senor, Iglesia de Vida Nueva.

Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment