Thursday, May 19, 2016

Sunday, May 15, 2016 -- Month #14 - Week #65 - Day #454 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Guess who came on a surprise visit to our branch? President Dester! I got surprised when we rounded the corner to enter the church doors and all of a sudden we saw Pres. Dester standing there talking to a lady. And then he greeted us and told us he had cookies for us from Hna Dester. We had our meeting like normal and I played piano and everything and we listened to Pres. Dester share his thoughts towards the end of the meeting. And he also gave us our cookies in a secret hand-off. He's funny about little things like that...REALLY didn't want anyone else to know that we had cookies!
But we did all the fun Church stuff like normal and we had lunch and headed out to work. Found some more fun people. And that was our day!
And Hna Cruz and I exploring all over the place on Sunday,
trying to find people that want to repent and be baptized.


There's always random fires because people burn trash.
We always smell like we went camping by the end of the day.


We found a cashew tree along the way 
(the owners of the tree didn't like us).

In our adventures we went down the equivalent of 3 stories of rock and steps.
But I was thrilled because when we were home making our small dinner, I made mashed potatoes with sage! Momma sent me a whole bunch of spices that we use at home in my last package, so I've been adding them here and there when we cook in our house. And it was so weird to taste something from home again! It's because no one uses spices here like we do back home. So that made me really happy. Thanks, Momma!
And we also had another run in with a drunk (that happens on nearly a daily basis, I think) but this one was friendly and gave us fist bumps because I'm American, so that was a first. Since I'm white, everyone says I'm American, which is true, but I'm also North American, Hna Cruz is South American, and everyone in Honduras is Central American...so we're all Americans, technically (I learned that in the CCM and it's stuck with me all this time). But anyways, that was a fun little experience. We always let our latino DL know what happens, and he laughs at all our crazy adventures because I'm white. Good times.

Me looking out across the mountain!
Hna's Cruz & Mower - Got our shiny on!
But we're excited for Pday tomorrow! Hna Erickson (the nurse) is gonna come down from SPS and go look around La Entrada for clinics and labs so we don't have to go all the way to SPS if we have a health problem. So we gotta help her navigate around our area. Even down in Copan I'm still involved in health stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment