Monday, January 4, 2016

Sunday, January 3, 2016 -- Month #10 - Week #46 - Day #321 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Sunday! We made it through another week!

Church was good, we had Fast and Testimony Meeting, and Pres and Hna Dester came! He had to interview some people here, so we played hooky during the last hour and talked with Hna Dester to keep her company. It was so nice to have a real conversation with someone in English! I still got a little mixed up in my words a few times, so that was funny. But it was nice to hear about her last few weeks (she actually went up to California for a few days for their son's wedding) and see pictures of her grandkids and the wedding and some other fun things. And of course we talked about the mission and some health stuff and how the branch and everything is and some other concerns. So we really enjoyed that. A few people passing in the hall kinda stopped and stared and just looked confused as we were conversing in English. I know 2 languages! Haha! So that was a fun Sunday.

And we came home and had lunch, and rested a bit, then headed back to the church for Consejo de Rama, and we actually started on time and were only missing 2 people! That was great. We still ended at 5:00 pm, but that was better than starting at 5:00 pm. We did some visits after that, and found a new person we can hopefully teach! He actually reminded me a lot of my time back in SPS, as he kept asking me to repeat what I had said (although Hna Mora said I had spoken clearly and she thought it was odd that he wasn't understanding) and didn't really want to pray, and all that stuff that we always ran into in the beginning of my mission. But we'll see where it goes with this guy. Tomorrow's Pday!

No comments:

Post a Comment