Saturday, January 23, 2016

Sunday, January 17, 2016 -- Month #10 - Week #48 - Day #335 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Church! We received some training from a video address of our Area Presidency on how we can strengthen our wards and branches and work with our Area's Plan of Action. So that was good.
And I drew with Expo marker while waiting for Branch Counsel
to start on Sunday. I miss having hours and hours for art!
And had lunch, and came right back again for Branch Counsel, and then did some visits. Good day, really sore from all of yesterday!

And we were informed that Hna Mora has changes! We've finished up her training, and now she's flying! But we know she's going over to Florida (an area about 20 mins away, part of our zone still) and will be with Hna Bautista, so that's not too drastic of a change. She's kinda dealing with all the emotions, but she's a trooper. And we'll still see each other all the time, actually, which is a different experience for me as well. But we're happy about that, she's done well here in El Dorado, and she's learned and grown a lot in my time with her.

She celebrated 3 months in the mission on the 14th, so I made her a little congratulatory banner, which she loved. I'm gonna miss her! I don't feel like she was my "baby," she was more of my buddy, my companion. Which I think is how it should be. She's got a good head on her shoulders, and she'll mature into a strong, wonderful missionary. Yay Hna Mora!
Funny story of the day: in my little Spanish hymnal I have the name tag rubbings of my companions. As we were finishing up planning tonight, I ask Hna Mora if she would mind adding hers in my hymnbook. "I have a little tradition where I have a rubbing of my companion's tags in my hymnbook," I said, and so she said alright and took off her name tag and started rubbing it in little circles on the cover of my hymnbook and asked, "I put my name in it like this?" I realized what she was doing and started laughing. And explained a little further that you had to choose your favorite hymn and put the tag behind the page and then make a relief rubbing of the engraved name onto the page with a colored pencil. That made a lot more sense for her. So then we exchanged hymnals and colored our names into them for each other. I love Hna Mora!  She's so sweet and sincere, even when it makes me laugh a little sometimes.

And a good quote from a Sacrament Meeting talk: "La perseverancia no es que terminamos primero, es que terminamos siempre." Or that persevering doesn't mean that we finish first, it's that we always finish. Good point. Slow and steady, perhaps, but we will finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment