Monday, January 4, 2016

Monday, January 4, 2016 -- Month #10 - Week #46 - Day #322 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

Pday! We slept in a little bit, washed clothes and cleaned the house. Got dressed, and went out to lunch with the elderes. Wrote our peeps back home (hey there!) and bought some food for this week. And did some visits in the nighttime. And that was it. Really chill day.
Made myself some fried squash sticks as part of my dinner one night...
just trying to experiment and get some more veggies in my diet...
in whatever unhealthy manner possible!
From a letter home to Mom:
And Christmas is gone! No! That is sad. I know I should take down my little Nativity and tree, but they're so pretty and we need some decorations in our houses. I even hung up my stocking my our desk just to have more stuff on the wall! I think I'll wait until I have changes to take it all down. And I really do love them...I love the green glitter sparkles and the cute little LED lights! That was so creative. And the popsicle stick stable is lovely. I love all of it! I will give it to someone for their next Christmas, or give it to a special family I meet at the end of my time here, they'll love the little tiny lights, I'm sure! (those sort of things don't exist here...don't know if that goes without saying...)
My Christmas tree and Nativity!
House pics! Been here for a month, figured I ought to show
ya'll where I'm at...



Outdoor pila where we hand wash all our laundry each week!

Our hammock is a fitted sheet tied on the ends...
it's surprisingly very comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment