Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Saturday, January 23, 2016 -- Month #11 - Week #49 - Day #341 - El Dorado, La Entrada, Copan

This morning we had a small meeting with Pres Dester for him to explain some things about our new responsibilities as Hna Lideres, and he brought us the new stove and DVD player we've been asking forever for! We were really happy about everything. And Hna Dester gave us Ritz crackers and a juice box, as she always brings us snacks when she sees us. I love them!

Then we headed over to Hna Aide for lunch, and she gave us this really good tortilla and chicken thing called pastel campesino, which basically are Mexican enchiladas (because Honduran enchiladas are different) but flat.
The lunch from Hna Aide
Tortilla, chicken-tomato-onion-bell pepper-cheese, tortilla, chicken-tomato-onion-bell pepper-cheese, tortilla...etc. With some cheese on top and baked. Or heated through or whatever, but it was really good. Considering that it was FREEZING cold today, due to some cold front that decided to come through. So I finally put on my purple leather jacket and Hna Cruz borrowed my gray sweater, and we huddled together for warmth all day. Ugh, I don't like being cold. And in a skirt! I missed my jeans and fuzzy socks.

I'm also getting pretty good at arguing/haggling over prices about things, namely bus rides. Normally we are charged 10 lemps each to go to Aide, but this one guy kept insisting that we had to pay him 15 each. And poor Hna Cruz didn't know what was going on as she'd never gone over there before, so I handled the situation myself. He was in a bad mood with everyone and there were problems with another few passengers over ticket prices. But I won in the end, and so we were happy! I'm good at crossing my arms and being stubborn, haha!

There's this sweet little girl that gave me a little note!


"Hola Hermana Mower, saludos a todos los hermanos y hermanas. Y a usted la quiero mucho y a todos los hermanos los quiero mucho. Y a la hermana que vino con usted. De Kensy y Daniel."

Translation:
"Hello Hermana Mower, say hi to all the brothers and sisters (of the Church) for me. I love you a lot and I love all the brothers and sisters (of the Church) a lot as well. And the sister that came with you. From Kensy and Daniel."

No comments:

Post a Comment